Saturday, May 31, 2014

Road Tested: Room Service Trophy


I eat a lot of room service.  I do not prefer it.  I know that is a champagne problem and things could be a lot worse.  But they could also be better!  But I have a new system that is making things a lot better.  It is very simple - order what I want to eat.  Ignore the menu.  Or use it for inspiration.  But there is no need to stick to it.

A few nights ago, I ordered the award-winning room service meal pictured above at the Sheraton Mahwah in Mahwah, NJ, (lovingly called the Death Star): sauteed spinach, roasted squash, carrots, asparagus, and mashed potatoes.  Not pictured: one glass pinot noir, served covered in plastic wrap.  This meal was so good, and I felt great after eating it and even better the next morning.  I'm going to stick to this new system.

No comments:

Post a Comment