Sunday, April 20, 2014

Travel Treats: LA's Infamous Cronut


A cronut is a cross between a croissant and a donut.  Like a liger is a cross between a lion and a tiger.  Both are rare, infrequently sighted, almost mythical.  The original cronut was born in Manhattan, but knockoffs abound.  Lucky for me, DK's Donuts in Santa Monica is making seemingly authentic cronuts at a discount price, with a line often stretching around the corner, but moving fast!

Because we share a love of food-based innovation, and because she is a wonderful person, my favorite client brought me a cronut!  Just me.  No one else on the team.  I probably should have shared.  But I took one bite and that was rendered impossible.  The pastry was light and airy.  The filing was creamy and chilled.  There were Oreos.  It was heaven.  I ate the whole thing myself.


And then I went back the next day and bought cronuts for the whole team.  Cronuts for all!  Cronuts with fruit, cronuts with cookies, cronuts with bacon, red velvet cronuts, and plain and simple cronuts.  Don't wait to get the original.  Just take what you can get now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment