Monday, April 28, 2014

Home Detox: Peanut Butter Sriracha Toast


I read about Peanut Butter Sriracha Toast in Bon Appetit, and my immediate reaction was "Y-E-S."  This is the kicking peanut butter sandwich I have been waiting for.  Peanut butter and jelly is too boring.  Peanut butter and bananas is too squishy unless I can make it on really crispy toast and eat it immediately with honey.  And I want everything I eat burning hot anyway.

Perhaps I should clarify what I mean by "detox."  After a week on the road, eating breakfast at the hotel lounge and team dinners out, I am ready to eat simple, whole foods on the weekend.  Detox to me means low processing, no white flour, or no white sugar whenever possible, and vegetable- and fruit-heavy.  This recipe is loosely detox, because it's whole grain and low processed.  And it is good.  Believe me.

Bon Appetit's Peanut Butter Sriracha Toast

Serves one detoxing traveler

1 piece whole grain bread
Peanut butter
1 scallion, sliced
1 stem cilantro
1 tbsp. sriracha
Fresh lime juice
Flaky sea salt (Maldon is the best, of course)

Toast bread, top with peanut butter and sriracha.  Sprinkle with herbs, salt and lime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment