Sunday, April 20, 2014

Home Detox: Jalapina Juice


Sometimes after a long week of eating out, working late, and traveling hard, I just want to juice for a couple of meals to give myself a break and get my system back on track.  Lately, I've been making a juice inspired by Austin's Soup Peddler & Juice Box.  Their jalapina juice has the sweet side I crave, plus the tart zing of citrus, followed by the spicy burn of jalapeno that I crave.  And thank goodness for me, since I no longer live within sprinting distance of this wonderful place, I can recreate this vacation in a glass myself.

This reminds me of my number one go to joke, one that is proving to be a hit with my sister's young patients.  Use it freely - we are happy to share.

What do you call a nosy pepper?
Jalapeno business!

Jalapina Juice

1 whole pineapple, peeled and cored
1 lime, green and white pithy parts removed
1 jalapeno, stemmed

Juice all ingredients. Add filtered water to reach preferred consistency and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. But do you just eat it as a meal? Not still hungry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of the Soup Peddler - how about some soup recipes that I can freeze?
    Now that would be a quick meal when I'm feeling really lazy or tired.

    ReplyDelete