Monday, July 14, 2014

Room Service Trophy: Custom Cheese Plate


Last week, I took one for the team.  I was the only engagement member to stay over in Jersey on July 3rd.  Everyone else headed home to be with family or into the city to work from the Times Square office.  Someone had to be at the client site, just in case something came up, and this time I was that someone.  But that also meant I was all alone the evening before, setting my own schedule and dining alone.  I made the most of it by getting a manicure (shown above) and ordering a custom cheese plate (also shown above).

I say "custom" because I had several requests.  First, only walnuts please because I am allergic to the fancy nuts.  Second, heavy on the fruit and light on the bread.  Third, I'd rather have little pieces of lots of types of cheese than big pieces of a couple cheeses.  Ask, and ye shall receive.  I was served the most delicious cheese plate in my room to enjoy with my good looking fingernails.  It made staying over into a real treat!  Elements listed below for recreating at home.

Room Service Cheese Plate

Small portions of 4 distinct cheeses (here Cranberry Stilton, Herb-crusted Chevre, Cheddar & Monterey, and Brie)
Plenty of fruit (here strawberries and a grilled Granny Smith apple)
Nuts (here toasted, seasoned walnuts)
Variety of spreads (here raspberry jam, honey, and whole grain mustard)
Crackers (here water crackers and whole grain crackers)

Arrange and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment