Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekday Lunches: The Cheese Plate


This is the lunch that gets the most attention.  It might be envy, because cheese.  It might be curiosity, because I typically eat it on Wednesday.  And it might be disgust, because my colleagues know I packed it at least 56 hours prior, at a minimum.  But the personally packed cheese plate has the best staying power, and is still delicious after a flight and two days in the fridge at the client site.  Here is my tried and true recipe.

Personally Packed Cheese Plate (To Go!)
3 wedges hard cheese (I like sharp cheddar, manchego, smoked gouda, pecorino romano, or parmegiano reggiano, to name a few), wrapped individually in plastic wrap
1 handful toasted pecans
1 handful dried apricots
Several large crackers or flatbreads (I love Dr. Kracker Klassic 3 Seed, even though I am personally opposed to intentional misspellings)
2 handfuls fresh fruit, uncut and unwashed

Pack the dry ingredients in one strong tupperware, and the wet (fruit) in another.  Line the fruit container with a napkin or paper towel, and do not wash fruit until ready to consume to avoid mold. Store in suitcase until you can refrigerate, enjoy within two business days of arriving on site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment